Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ὅσα

I feel stuck in a rut.  Partly it is due to lack of energy.  I feel a bit like the first definition of inertia.

Prayers are coming out forced (when they come out).  Meal planning has taken a backseat to the aforementioned malaise.  Maybe it is pregnancy?  Maybe it is the transition from summer back to school?

I was reflecting in my waking moments this morning that I felt like I hadn't discovered my 'nitch' yet.  I have friends who have moved passed the baby/toddler stage and are developing talents and interests in ways that I've not yet done.  I'm not envious, but it doesn't help the stuck-between-gears feelings.

Things I know right now.  Lunch will be a bowl full of hearty minestrone (thank God that is done).  Also, I know that this will pass away.  One of the ideas I've been toying with is spending sometime drawing or watercolouring in the mornings.  I'm not an exceptionally creative person, but  enjoy it and it could help.

Mr. Flavius and I have been slowly trying to find a baby name for this new little blessing.  Our boys all bare the names of the Patriarchs of the Faith and thus a boy's name has been easy.  Girl's names have historically been tough for us and this time is no different.  We are toying with the idea of going Greek or at least looking to the calendar to narrow some of our choices.  We shall see.  I have been praying for a saint to reveal themselves in this matter and thus save me from the name-game-arguments-frustration etc . . .  and it is possible that one has.  We shall see.  March is still a long way off.  In the meantime, enjoy this blog that our wonderful Matushka directed me to.

No comments: