Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Still Unpacking

We're still unpacking.

Ugh.

Anyway, this is a monastery that has been recommended to me.  The entire video series can be found here: Life Transfigured.

From the website:

 LIFE TRANSFIGURED tells the story of the Orthodox Christian Monastery of the Transfiguration in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania. It was founded by Mother Alexandra, a former Romanian princess, and was consecrated in 1968. This vide3o explores the history, daily life and commitment of these women as they pray, worship and extend hospitality and counsel to visitors seeking a relationship with God.







3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I go to their sister monastery, Holy Dormition in Rives Junction MI; Holy Transfiguration is a wonderful monastery; I know many who have gone and some that go at least once a year; it is known to be a wonderful place for children also. I did not know of this video series and am thrilled to know about it!

Unpacking is not easy; all the best with it...

Mimi said...

Oooh, I don't have speakers at the office, but I'm sending myself the link so I can watch at home.

DebD said...

I love visiting this monastery...and especially Mother Keratina (sp?) and the former Sister Vicky (I don't know her newly tonsured name). They are both lovely. Unfortunately, it's about 4.5 hrs away so a bit difficult to go on a regular basis.

Have a blessed visit there.